The Izmir Biomedicine and Genome Center (IBG, Turkey) is looking for a full-time Finance/Accounting and Procurement Officer to support financial aspects of EU FP and international projects and other activities of the Finance Unit.
Candidates must have:
• Min.Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 2 years of Finance/Accounting and Procurement experience in the context of EU Framework Programmes and other international projects,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Turkish,
• Experience in operating financial/accounting management softwares,
• Skills including but not limited to: good team player, solution-oriented, investigative, advanced organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main tasks for this position will include:
• Monitoring the project budgets and preparing financial statements for projects,
• Contributing to the preparation and timely submission of project reports to the EU Commission
• Ensuring compliance with EC Financial Regulations and implementing rules on financial/accounting principles and procurement activities at national and international level,
• Contributing to the planning, monitoring, and implementation of the IBG’s annual budget in line with relevant regulations,
• Preparing purchase orders, order forms, and specific contracts for projects,
• Applying internal controls, support and contribute to audits related to the area of responsibility,
• Undertaking other finance, procurement, and budget-related tasks at IBG as required and appropriate.